Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda Protege LX: 2000 mazda protege 1.8 runs great until it

Customer Question

2000 mazda protege 1.8 runs great until it has been at opetating temp for 15 to 20 min changed coolant temp sensor coil packs and plugs also crank pos sensor the main fuse seems to get hot and after the car warms up it shuts down and has weak spark
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
When it has weak spark, see if the battery voltage and coil power has dropped below 13 volts, f running or below 10 volts if not running. This will check the charging system. If that's fine then its the PCM grounds making poor connection that we need to check next. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i already checked the battery 12.3 volts not running 13.7 while running i will check the grounds to pcm i also changed coils wires and plugs. i am trying to help an eldrely patient of my wife.she dont have enough money to keep throwing parts at it.all advice is appreciated.i will let you know the results of the ground check.it might be thurs or fri before i can get to it i work 65-70hours per week thanks,
Tim
Thanks keep in touch