Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda B3000: I have a 2002 mazda B3000. I just drove from Reno,

Customer Question

I have a 2002 mazda B3000. I just drove from Reno, Nevada to Cocoa, Florida. The day after I got here I see smoke coming from under the hood. When I opened the hood, I see that the area where the air conditioner "stuff" is located is smoking. I'm not very versed with engines but I can tune up my camero and have replaced the head gaskets before. Im just not sure whats going on. Could l have a loose hose or a cracked something? I know its hard to help someone without seeing what I'm seeing. any suggestions where I should start. I can see that whatever is causing the smoking is coming from the air conditioner or some part of it.
Conie
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** this area, there are 2 heater hoses going through the firewall, I suspect the connections are laking, is this the area of the smoke or steam?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim, Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I just moved to Florida from Nevada and its been really hectic. The leak was the heater coil. I found the leak. I have a 77 Camero that I have been working on since I bought it, but have never have this problem. I now know what to look for, thank you for your answer to my question, I appreciate it.Conie