Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

How much do you know about a/C

Customer Question

How much do you know about a/C
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2010 Mazda cx-7. I bought it with the a/c compressor locked up. The pulley turned freely though. I was hoping to get away cheap and I think this is where all my problems began. I replaced the a/c compressor with a used one. At first it was fine but didn't let me fill the system. I got almost all the refrigerant in and the pressure release blew. After 3 or 4 days it was back to hot. I tried to refill but it seems the pressure relief would happen sooner. I was hoping the relief valve was bad so I put a new one on this morning and now it won't even take refrigerant. The first time around I added 5oz of Pag oil and sucked the system for thirty minutes. So I'm guessing the first compressor was bad and now I have crap in my system clogging it all up. So where do I go from here?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am still looking for an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
k
You are correct it is clogged. You need to remove the lines. Replace the drier/accumulator, expansion valve/orifice tube. Flush forward and backwards the evaporator, condenser, lines and the compressor while manually turning the clutch. Once everything is clean of debris, and dry. Refill with the correct oil amount, half in the compressor and half in the drier, then reassemble. Now pull a 30 minute vacuum and recharge. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I figured it was clogged. Where does it get clogged at. I read that the expansion valve was located behind the dash and wasn't necessary to replace which didn't make sense, what is your opinion on that? The dryer is mounted on the condenser and I heard that the condenser lines ran different and it had to be replaced as well (thoughts on that?).
All the components collect the debris and get restricted. The expansion valve is a must replacement. The drier must be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the expansion valve and how do I get to it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The earlier models had a recall on the a/c and starting in 2010 they used a different compressor do you know if their has been any problems with the replacement? This car has 80k and its seem very premature that the a/c compressor would fail.
I have not yet seen any repeat failures after the recall is performed.Expansion valve replacement does require dash removal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That pdf is great, would you have one for the condenser/dryer?
I am only allowed to send one with out an additional service offer being accepted. I am sending that to your email now.