George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+Years
13574682

Mazda 6: I had the airbag inflator replaced in my car due to

Customer Question

I had the airbag inflator replaced in my car due to recall. Since then the airbag light will not go off and stay off. Seems like the bag compartment on the steering wheel is not replaced correctly could this be a contributing factor? Car is Mazda 6 2005
Category: Mazda
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Have you contacted the person that did the work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, said that would not cause problem but this did not happen before.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
They said they worked on the airbag and the airbag warning light was on when they were done but it is nothing they did? Sounds like you need to run up the food chain at this dealer. Start with a visit to the service manager and ask why the light is on after their work? Be sure to remain civil but they need to give you a working airbag system, after all that is why you took it in for the recall. Please let me know how I can help you with this Thank you