Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I was able to eliminate code p0031 by replaced a new 02

Customer Question

I was able to eliminate code p0031 by replaced a new 02 sensor. but Code p0106 is still persistence. So far ive changed egr boost pressure sensor, and a new egr valve unit. EGR hoses and all passages are good. air hoses are good. EGR pressure switch is
good. Main relay is good. However, code p0106 is still there. Please advise or any in put is much appreciated !
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2001 Mazda MPV
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses the Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP) to monitor engine load. (NOTE: Some vehicles have a Barometric Pressure (BARO) sensor that is integral to the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor and do not have a MAP sensor. Other vehicles have a MAF/BARO and a redundant MAP sensor where the MAP sensor functions as a backup input in case of MAF failure.
Hi I'm Kevin the fault you have is for the map sensor
The PCM supplies a 5 Volt reference signal to the MAP sensor. Usually the PCM also supplies a ground circuit to the MAP sensor as well. As the manifold pressure changes with load, the MAP sensor input informs the PCM. At idle the voltage should be 1 to 1.5 Volts and approximately 4.5 Volts at Wide Open Throttle (WOT). The PCM looks for any change in manifold pressure to be preceded by a change in engine load in the form of changes in throttle angle, engine speed, or Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) flow. If the PCM doesn't see any of these factors change while detecting a rapid change in MAP value, it will set a P0106.
Possible causes for code are
Bad MAP sensor Water/dirt intrusion affecting MAP sensor connector Intermittent open in the reference, ground, or signal wire for the MAP sensor Intermittent short in the reference, ground, or signal wire for the MAP sensor Ground problem due to corrosion causing intermittent signal problem A break in the flexible air intake duct between the MAF and the intake manifold Bad PCM (do not assume the PCM is bad until you've exhausted all other possibilities)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please read my previous message again and dIm sorry. For the whole time i was mistaken talking about the map sensor. Sorry it is not the map sensor that i meant. What i meant was the Baro sensor instead of the map sensor. Please read my previous message again and disregard about the map sensor.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I've missed the point let's start at the beginning what code have you got and what have u already changed and checked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it usa 2001 mazda mpv. Ive replaced a new egr's Baro sensor, new egr valve, i also check the hoses are ok, and no clog, egr boost solenoid is ok, main relay is also ok. However the code p0106 is still persist. Please advise. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction: it usa= it is a
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Ok sorry I don't have info on USA only uk il opt out somebody will be along shortly to help