sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Mazda 6 wagon: I have a Mazda 6 wagon 3.0l and have no power

Customer Question

I have a Mazda 6 wagon 3.0l and have no power all new plugs and coils old plugs looked good burning evenly. Starts fine runs and idles fine put it in gear and starts running bad and has no power
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The first thing you'll want to do is check for fault codes if you haven't already. You may ave an ignition system or injector circuit issue, a cam timing problem or internal engine/valvetrain issue, any of these things should set a fault code. You may have a misfire code set that will identify which cylinder you need to concentrate on, an injector or coil circuit code, etc.
If there are no codes set then I would first suspect fuel pressure or quality and the catalytic converter. It would be a good idea to test fuel pressure and take a sample to make sure it isn't contaminated.
A backpressure test can be done to check the converter for a restriction. If the material breaks up or melts then it will restrict exhaust flow out of the engine and cause a loss of power.