Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Mazda: I am trying to install timing gear and chain to a 2.3

Customer Question

I am trying to install timing gear and chain to a 2.3 06 mazda CX-7 and is imposib;le. Do I need special tools for that. There are no pins or anynithing to align the timing gear either to the Crankshaft or camshaft
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.There are special tools and procedures and it is an impossible task without them.I am attaching instructions which show you the entire process along with the Special Service Tools you will need and how to use them. Hopefully that will clear it up for you and let you know what you need to do.Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. THank you.