Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda RX8: my mazda rx 8 just started dying at all stops

Customer Question

my mazda rx 8 just started dying at all stops
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Have you done anything to try and address this?Check engine compression to determine if the engine may be weak. The Schrader valve has to be removed from the compression tester. While cranking the engine, monitor the pulse of the compression gauge. A good engine should be able to produce 100 PSI pulses. Only remove one spark plug from each rotor housing while checking compression. Disconnect the crankshaft position sensor so that the spark and injector pulse will be disabled. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not been able to get to the car as my son is driving it. I don't know if he is still having the problem or not.
Thanks