Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I lost my keys and i cut new one from manufacturing know

Customer Question

hi i lost my keys and i cut new one from manufacturing know i need to program the key. i guess i need a pin code that has 8 numbers i believe. i was searching the web and it seems i have to call the dealer or manufacture so they can provided if aim not wrong. I have to know the serial number from the immobilizer module and aswell the vin number is ***** true... by the way my name is ***** ***** i have a 2000 mazda 626 with a transponder key sistem
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
According to the repair guides the option you want to try as not applicable on this model. You need a diagnostic tool and 2 keys to reprogram the system meaning a lock smith needs to come to you or the vehicle needs to be towed to a shop. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So there is no way i can find the pin code.. the lock smith has the software to program the keys but it doesnt show the pin... reading different answers from this website one day one of the tech ask the customer for the vin # ***** the serial number from the immobilizer. And the tech got him the pin number
Would you like to get back on the list for another tech to try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes thanks
Opting out now.