Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2001 Tribute -- doors wouldn't unlock, pulled fuse

Customer Question

2001 Tribute -- doors wouldn't unlock, pulled fuse for door locks and doors unlocked, but tailgate is still locked. How can I get it unlocked? 269,000 miles and still running like new.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
So if I understand, the only remaining issue is the liftgate lock non operational. If that is the case then we need to remove the interior gate trim or pull ot out enough to get your hand in and manually move the non operating lock actuator, so the gate can be opened to test the power and ground supply to the actuator. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris