Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I bought a 2003 Mazda tribute and it was running great. I washed

Customer Question

I bought a 2003 Mazda tribute and it was running great. I washed off the engine last night and today it barely runs. I cleaned out the spark plug holeson 4 5 6 of the 3.0 ltr. Motor and no difference. I unplugged each while running and no change. I can u plug a coil one 123 and it shuts off. HELP ME
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I assume its running like there is a misfire, if that is the case. Run it as long as you can to get some heat into it which may dry it out. If it continues then I would remove the intake and coils 1-2-3 to check them and the plugs. Do you have a scan tool to check codes and run a power balance test? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris