Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda CX-9 Touring: I'm having intermittent problems starting

Customer Question

I'm having intermittent problems starting my 2010 Mazda CX-9. I'll get nothing or just a turnover. Then I can start it almost as soon as I connect cables. It started after sitting for 2 days, then wouldn't start again 30 min down the road after filling up. A guy who saw me jumping it said he works on cars and sees a lot of problems with the stock ignition switch(?) draining the battery on Mazda SUVs. It's supposed to be a common problem but I'm not finding posts for it on-line. Does anyone know anything about this?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There are no common known issue with a bad ignition switch and if you are able to get it to start by jumping the battery the first thing you need to do is to have the battery and the charging system test to be sure both are okay. Most parts stores will perform a battery and charging system test for you at no charge. See if you can get this done and post back with the results and we can work from there.