Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda Protege5: protege 5 cranks and sounds good

Customer Question

protege 5 cranks and sounds good for about 10 seconds and dies. It has pure water in radiator. Does it have a sensor that detects antifreeze.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It overheated and I put a new thermostat in it and distilled water and now it shut off after a few seconds.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Adding distilled water to the cooling system should not have any effect on the way the engine runs and will not cause it to stall. In order to determine the cause you need to start first with scanning the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this problem resolved.