peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Mazda BT 50: I own a Mazda BT 50 2014 model. Purchased

Customer Question

Hello I own a Mazda BT 50 2014 model. Purchased in February 2015. From the first few weeks I noticed after going down hill and getting to a flat area, when I press the accelerator the vehicle revs up to 2000 rpm and it does not go forward with any haste then I would feel a jerk in the transmission and the vehicle would move again like it should. Also the power train light comes on most times after going down hill. If I switch the engine of and start up again the warning light goes away. I have reported this problem to my dealer. They have run diagnostic test,replaced the transmission but the same issue exists. They are still trying to figure out what is causing the problem. What are your thoughts on my issue?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If your model has a transmission oil cooler if it is restricted it may be causing fluid flow issues that are affected after going down hill causing this here.If this is all o.k. I would have the computer checked as it may have a fault in it electronically with reengaging the gears when accelerating or fluid pressure control due to computer issues.
Thanks Pete