Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Spec: , Chris (Moose),Re: 2002

Customer Question

Hi, Chris (Moose),
Re: 2002 Mazda Miata MX-5.
My fiance washed the engine three days ago. Now the key will turn on the engine; but the car does not crank. The dash lights come on, air and lights work, and we hear constant clicking noise. Worst of all the alarm/horn blows and will not stop. So he removed the horn fuse; but, the alarm system seems to continue to try to connect to the alarm horn (as seen by series of clicks that start and stop). It seems, he tried to clean the battery and forgot to maintain power to the electronic system,so settings were lost. To complicate matters my remote key fob quit working last year, and I choose not to have it replaced due to costs. We got it on a hill, and could "pop the clutch" and it would start and run fine; but, when we turn it off, it does crank as before. I was hoping to sell the car and pay for my wedding...any ideas? Thanks Lizzie
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I still need help. Thanks L
So if I understand the alarm keeps going off, is this an add on aftermarket alarm or OEM?The no crank with the key is going to be a wire connection issue or the starter motor and solenoid or the starter relay. Can either of you do electrical diag? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris