peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Mazda RX8: , I was jump starting my RX8 because the battery

Customer Question

Hi, I was jump starting my RX8 because the battery was dead after sitting for a while. When I did this, the alarm went off. I was able to lock and unlock the door using the key to get the alarm to shut off. But when trying to start the car, the starter motor doesn't engage. The immobilization light on the dash is on.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes then reconnect it and see if this then allows starting of the vehicle.If this does not work let me know.
Thanks Pete