Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda 3: NO START ON 05 MAZDA 3 AFTER ENGINE SWAP. SWAPPED

Customer Question

NO START ON 05 MAZDA 3 AFTER ENGINE SWAP. SWAPPED RELUCTOR RINGS AND BALLANCER.SET CAMS AND CRANK. STILL NO START. CHECKED CRANK VOLTAGE TO ECM AND IS OK.. CODE 335. HAD ECM FLASHED ALSO
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
solved the problem. the salvage yard sold us the wrong motor. we needed the California emissions and they sold us the federal emissions motor. the cams are different and will not pick up cam and crank signal. new motor on the way. you can swap the intake cam and solve the problem. thanks, randy
Glad you got it resolved, if you run into issues during the replacement, let me know I can help with information.