Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Mazda B2200: how do you set valve lash on 1989 mazda truck

Customer Question

how do you set valve lash on 1989 mazda truck b2200 there is no adjustment screws on rocker.i think it is a 2.3 single cam.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
That is a 2.2 engine and the valves are not adjustable. They use hydraulic lash adjusters, (HLA). However, there was a service bulletin on them for a noise after a long time of not running.
.
Would you want a copy of that?
.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Let's stick to this post rather than opening up 'new' ones. The HLA's are on the bottom side of the rocker arms. Let me know if you might need any instructions for them or a copy of the factory service bulletin, thanks
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if
.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
So what more do you need?