Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda Miata: I'm trying to replace the ignition switch in my

Customer Question

I'm trying to replace the ignition switch in my 1990 Miata-well install one-it was missing when I bought it used-I need to know what size screw I need to have because the new switch did not come with any screws and I can't find the information anywhere.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Unfortunately the repair manuals do not list the bolt size, you have two options ,one is to locates a set in a salvage yard or , contact your Mazda dealer and order a set of new screws, its likely there parts listing will also give you the size and pitch of the threads.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks but it's not a bolt it's a tiny little screw on the side of the ignition switch that attaches it to the lock cylinder. When I contacted my local dealership they told me I can't order new screws and I'm apparently screwed at salvage yards because I'm local to Moroso Speed Track and there is a spec Miata class so I'll be spending my time hunting for a screw that fits I guess.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yes you are correct, it is a screw . Unfortunately the repair manuals do not list its size.