Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda RX8: 04 mazda rx8. has there been many fuel pump fai

Customer Question

04 mazda rx8. has there been many fuel pump failures?
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iTHE CAR WAS RUNNING FINE SHUT OFF AT STATION NEVER RESTARTED. sMELL NO FUEL AS FLOODING AND FIND NO VOLTAGE AT FUEL PUMP FUSE??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a FREIND PUT A CODE READER ON AND FOUND NO CODES AT ALL.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you are sure there is no power at the fuel pump fuse then its not likely you have a failed fuel pump. The power to the fuse come from the fuse panel and you may have a problem with the fuse panel and or the circuit to it. See the steps steps in the link below for testing the fuse and circuit. Copy and past the link to your browser to open and view them. Check these and post back with the results and we can work from there.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuel%20pump%20Jun%2017.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
#1. I checked fuel pump fuse no power, COMP1 fuse power. #2. I pulled relay and checked voltage and it has power however no change when input back and switched relay to verify good --appears to be. #3. I do not know where fuel pump resistor is to jump
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
See the resistor in the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuel%20pump%20resistor%20Jun%2017.pdf