Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

I have a 1993 Mazda Protégé Dx- CV axle left side, the inner

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Mazda Protégé Dx- CV axle left side, the inner hub is stuck in there, tried prybars, comealongs,chains,slide hammers, 2 people, and much more- it will not budge- I need my car- on a fixed income- can anyone help me please? Inner rings not in manual
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am wondering why I have not had any answers to my question yet?
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
So the inner cv joint is stuck inside the transmission?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, don't think it's inside the transmission- it's the inner hub that is stuck, Can't visualize the circle rin gs, & not in manual- can't get the rest of the axle out to put the new one in.
The only hub is the wheel hub at the wheel. Is that where your problem is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO- most of the axle came out like it should after moving everything out of the way-he says the inner cv hub is stuck in there & won't come out-tried to pull out, won't come out with a variety of tools & inner circle clips that help to hold it in there aren't able to visualize, & it's not in the manual- old car 1993 Mazda Protégé Dx- never had cv axle replaced before now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have seen several you tube videos on it but no help- advised 2 people with 2 prybars, 1 puts constant pressure on & the other alternating- they tried that, won't come out. Plus that side is @ a really hard angle to work with it.
Does he have an air compressor and air hammer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes he does
Tell him to try using an air chisel to knock it loose. A lot of times that will do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll have to get a hold of him, but I am pretty sure he tried that or something like it, came in to say he's tore a hole in one of his air hoses when the prybar flew off & cut a hole in it- but I'll ask when I talk to him.Thanks
No problem. Let me know how it goes.