Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Mazda CX-7 Sport: Hood latch on 2008 mazda CX7 wont close.

Customer Question

Hood latch on 2008 mazda CX7 wont close. It get stuck in the secondary position. It seems as if it isn't going down far enough to engage the latch. When pushing on the latch with a screwdriver I can get it to open and close.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
I see that you had asked a question and it has been some time now with no reply. I was wondering if you still needed help with it. Sometimes customers may seek help elsewhere, or find a solution for the problem.
.
Please let me know if you still need help with it, thanks
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I still need help
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I see, thanks.
.
More than likely the hood latch just needs adjusting. If you loosen the bolts the latch will slide, (up) a little. Another thing that you will want to be sure of is that the hood is level with the fenders. There are rubber stops on each side to also adjust that if need be.
.
Here is a PDF file that explains how it is adjusted with the gap specs.
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, almost forgot to post the link to the instructions.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmdquusg8wmv2ok/Hood%20Adjustment.pdf?dl=0
.
Thanks
.