Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda CX9: my 2011 Mazda CX9 has a intermittent problem of

Customer Question

my 2011 Mazda CX9 has a intermittent problem of not starting even though the battery is fully charged. When the key is turned there is a minor clicking sound and the gauges move up and then down.
The car will start with a jump and then works fine for two weeks
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please respond to my request

Hi Being that it does require a jump to get started, this confirms that the battery connections are poor or the battery is intermittently draining from a parasitic draw. Next time this occurs, check the battery post and cable voltage. If good both readings should match and both should be 12.6 volts. If that is the case then hold the key in the start position and see if the cables have dropped voltage indicating the amps in the battery are low or the connections are dirty. If the battery was low then there is a draw issue. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris