peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Mazda 6: we have a Mazda 6 2014, that is intermittently not

Customer Question

we have a Mazda 6 2014, that is intermittently not shutting down the electrical after the engine is turned off and key removed.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This type of fault here may be caused by an intermittent internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself (most common) needing replaced or a fault with a body control computer needing replaced as it may be keeping electronics powered up.
Unfortunately the only way for the dealer to pinpoint the fault is to have the vehicle acting up when the fault occurs so they can verify and test it to pinpoint the cause.In some cases this will require them to hold onto the vehicle for a day or more to operate it off and on to duplicate it.
I suspect a possible ignition electrical switch failure causing this fault here.
Thanks Pete