Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda Tribute S: my 2006 Mazda Tribute airbag light came

Customer Question

Hi my 2006 Mazda Tribute airbag light came on for no reason and stays on
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
When the restraints control module (RCM) detects a system fault, it will cause the air bag indicator to flash a coded sequence; a lamp fault code (LFC). The code is 2 digits. The first digit is flashed with a 0.5-second interval between pulses. There is a 2-second pause before the second digit is flashed which also has a 0.5-second interval between pulses. There is a 5-second pause between each display of an LFC.
Each LFC is flashed 5 times after which the air bag indictor will remain lit for the remainder of the key-on cycle. If there are multiple LFCs, each LFC will flash in order of priority.
Can you watch the light a little closer and try to get me the code.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, it blinks 4 and then 9 several times and then it stays on.
Can you do the tests below. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/Test%20Y.pdf