peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Mazda 6: I have 2006 Mazda 6 with keyless entry. I go in to

Customer Question

I have 2006 Mazda 6 with keyless entry. I go in to the car and push the brake pedal and push the start button and it starts for like 3 seconds and then shuts off and it seem to be stuck in the on position with no engine running .
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This fault here can be caused by an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail and cause this issue here and had to replace it.I would have it tested to verify it is the cause and replaced as needed.
Thanks Pete