FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technician Trainer
1627031

Mazda MPV: 2006 Mazda MPV motor hesitating on acceleration

Customer Question

2006 Mazda MPV motor hesitating on acceleration between 50 - 62 mph. Problem is worse when engine is cool.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on when this occurs? How many miles are on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mileage 187607 check engine light went on only once for a few seconds but then shut off currently it is not on
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It does sound like you have an intermittent misfire from either a coil or possibly a clogged injector. If the check engine light had come on then there should be a code stored in the computer. I would start by running some fuel cleaner such as seafoam or Lucas through the fuel system.