Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

IM WORKING ON A 2007 CX7 AND WE JUST REPLACED THE TIMING

Customer Question

HI,IM WORKING ON A 2007 CX7 AND WE JUST REPLACED THE TIMING CHAINS, GUIDES,TENSIONER AND VVT ACTUATOR. WHEN WE DRIVE THE CAR ABOVE 1500 RPMS THERE IS A LOUD RATTLE COMING FROM TIMING COVER
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I recommend you start by checking the oil pressure at idle and when the noise occurs to see if there is a pressure issue causing the timing chain slack from incorrect tensioner pressure.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris