Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda 6 S: I have a 2003 Mazda 6S. This evening I tried to

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mazda 6S. This evening I tried to start the car and the motor will not start. The battery is fine (headlights work, radio, A/C). When I turn the key in the ignition I hear clicking.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In most cases when the engine will not crank the computer will detect it and set and store a fault code. In order to determine where to start your testing the first thing you need to do it to run a system scan and see what fault code is setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to get this resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But to run a diagnostic scan I need to take the car to a mechanic. I certainly do not have access to one here in my house.Thanks you. I do not mean to be rude, but this hasn't been helpful at all.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
There are many part stores that offer a tool loner program and will loan you a hand held code reader for a deposit and allow you to bring it home .