Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda: I am trying to figure out where to plug the power steering

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out where to plug the power steering line in...I hit a cone on the fwy and now my car won't steer
2008 mazda 3
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cone ripped the line out of where ever its supposed to go and the fluid leaked out. There is minor cosmetic front end damage but I was able to drive the car home.. It was only when I got home did the steering get extremely stiff (which is why I'm assuming its the power steering fluid that's leaking all over the place. I can't see where to plug the line back in. It is going to be a harder fix than just putting it back where it was ripped out of?
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.More than likely whatever it was ripped out of is going to have to be replaced.Are you able to take a picture of the line so I can tell which line it is so I can tell where it came from? I would assume if it was ripped out it was either ripped off of the pump or ripped out of the power steering rack.