Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Mazda 5 Sport: Eric,I have the same airbag error code

Customer Question

Hi Eric,
I have the same airbag error code on my 2008 Mazda 5; one long and nine short flashes. The Mazda dealer I took it too said the problem is caused by the clockspring fusing to the airbag, and both needed replacing. Have you encountered that problem?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.I have not encountered this and it is not a common issue but that doesnt mean it isnt your issue.Are you wanting to verify what they are saying? I can walk you through checking the airbag. I would imagine if anything you just need a clock spring. I would get a second opinion for sure if you dont want to check it. Airbags are a little dangerous to work on if you dont have much experience.