Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

Mazda 3: ! My car started shaking when applying the brakes

Customer Question

Hi! My car started shaking when applying the brakes and in reverse about 6-8 months ago and now when I'm accelerating on the freeway and driving 60+mph it's doing it. I have noticed in the front lent quarter panel there is a vibration noise, sounds like metal on metal, sort of hard to describe. Would you know what could be causing that?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.
I would suspect a loose or broken motor mount. The mount should keep the engine centered and if it breaks the engine will shake, often starting with stopping or starting but eventually happening all the time. If it got bad enough it could also make a metal on metal sound because there is metal touching metal. There are 4 on that vehicle, all of them should be checked.