Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda 3 S: I have a 2008 Mazda 3 hatchback with 108,000 miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Mazda 3 hatchback with 108,000 miles. Just had front brakes, struts and rear springs replaced. Now I just noticed a whining noise while making a slow, hard right turn as in parking in a space. Only happens on right turns.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
This is to slow to be a wheel bearing and the description does not fit that of a steering or suspension joint. This sounds more like a steering rack and pinion issue that is causing the power steering to produce this noise. Can you duplicate this park, since diagnosing noise issues not moving is easier.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris