George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+Years
13574682

Mazda B2600: I have a 1992 2600i 4x4 truck. It seems to be

Customer Question

I have a 1992 B 2600i 4x4 truck. It seems to be running rich. Has a stutter like rythym when it is running and is blowing dark black smoke. I have replaced the distributor, the spark plugs and wires, and the computer board. None of those have helped much. Any direction to continue trying to fix the problem.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
I can take a couple of guesses that might lead to a solution if you can do some testing?
If you can check the fuel pressure at the filter on the passenger side firewall and see what it is when it does run then if it drops right away with the key off or if it holds pressure.
Also pull the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator and see if there is liquid fuel inside the hose or if it smells strongly of fuel.
Let me know what you find with those tests and if you have questions
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was liquid fuel in the line. Pressure seemed to be good but it does drop as soon as the key goes off.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
There is liquid in the vacuum line off the regulator? If so replace the regulator and the rich condition should go away.
Please let me know if you have further questions
Thank you