Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

01 mazda Miata belt broke on alt. replaced belt ,battery,alt.

Customer Question

01 mazda Miata belt broke on alt. replaced belt ,battery,alt. adjusted belt several times belt still making noise and alt.dragging down like someyhing sucking a lot of power!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
When you have the belt off do all the accessory pulleys turn freely or is the alternator or AC compressor locked up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes pulleys are good only alt. and water pump on that belt
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
You say it feels like it is dragging, can you run it without the belt for a few seconds and see if it feels free that way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alt. spins nice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has to be an electrical problem had amercas top mechanic look at it yesterday!
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if you already have someone on site and he is the top mech and could not determine what the problem is and you won't do what I suggest then there is little chance I can repair it from here so I will OPT OUT of your question and maybe another tech will have a suggestion for you
Sorry I could not help