Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda 323non turbo: ed mazda mechanic 1987 323 1.6 wont start

Customer Question

ed mazda mechanic 1987 323 1.6 wont start fuel pump work has 50 psi has spark compression 150 all cylinder it will run by spraying starting fluid in throttle body and die out
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the engine will run with added fuel then you need to check and see if you have injector pulse while cranking the engine over. You can check for pulse by taking a standard 12 volt test light and place the test end on the power supply side of the injector and place the ground end on the other wire and then crank the engine over. If you have pulse the light should flash. If it does not then you either have a failed ECM (computer) and or the circuit from the injector to the ECM. See the things to check in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Injecto%20Madza%20May%2021.pdf