Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda B2600: I HAVE A 1990 MAZDA B2600I I JUST REPLACED

Customer Question

HELLO I HAVE A 1990 MAZDA B2600I I JUST REPLACED THE ECU AN NOW IT RUNS WORST HOW DO I TELL IF MY MASTER AIRFLOW SENSOR IS BAD AN THE ECU I BOUGHT HAS EVERY PART # ***** EXCEPT THE OLD 1 SAID 9X20 THE NEW ONE SAYS 9X26 DOES THAT MATTER
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
See the Air flow sensor test steps in the link below. copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AIr%20flow%20sensor%20May%2021.pdf
The part number does not sound like the correct part number as usually unless the computer is updated the part number should match. In order to verify you need to contact your Mazda dealer with your vin number and they can cross reference the part numbers over for you and tell you if the replacement is the correct one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok that dont help at all i unplugged the maf sensor and truck runs better but burns a ton of gas what is your thought on that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and also i thought this may help you the truck was running perfectly fine after they changed the ecu it will now start but runs real rough so they unplugged the maf sensor an it runs better but burns a ton of gas
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Have you ran the test for the MAF I sent you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NOT YET WILL THIS AFTERNOON
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I'm here if you need me.