Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Mazda B2600i: I have a 1992 Mazda B2600i Cab Plus truck. The

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Mazda B2600i Cab Plus truck. The brake proportioning valve, part # ***** has failed. Can't find one. Searched the net for months. Dealers are no help. Junk yards don't have it as mine is a 4 port non-ABS part. Truck is in great shape otherwise. Any suggestions? Alternate part that would work? Can the brake system be rebuilt with a different proportioning valve? Hate to junk the truck for lack of this one valve!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried www.car-part.com
They are a nationwide salvage site and i just looked and found a few of them. Check it out.Just fill in the info when you get to the site.
LJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I've tried car-part.com ... and many other sites of a similar nature. The valves on the trucks they have are 2 port ABS valves. My truck was an early model year version, which apparently doesn't have ABS brakes. Or, if it does, the proportioning valve is an older 4 port non-ABS valve. Is it possible to rework my brake system to use a more modern valve at a cost that isn't more than the truck is worth?
Just thought i would tell you about it in case you hadnt tried it. I will see if one of the other guys can help. Good luck!