Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda MPV: Last year my 00 MPV was showing P1512 code and P0106

Customer Question

Last year my 00 MPV was showing P1512 code and P0106 (Abnormal MAP sensor reading. Mechanic replaced MAP sensor and Runner valve actuator. P1512 went away but not P0106. Recently was receiving P1518 code along with the P0106. Mechanic replaced actuator again. P 1518 went away but the P1512 came back along with the permanent P0106.Any ideas?
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Need to leave for work. I ll be back online after 5pm EST JUst charge card remaining $15 after reply. TY
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code P1518 is in most cases caused by a failing PCM (computer) and or the wiring to it from the PCM . The PCM controls the IMRC actuator by duty cycling a ground on the Black/Red wire of the actuator. If the wire shorts to ground, it will cause it to open.
See the test steps in the link below for testing. Copy and paste the link to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P1518%20May%2012.pdf
The code P0106 can be set by any of the following,
Boost Sensor
Plugged Boost Sensor Solenoid Vacuum Supply Port
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Boost Sensor Solenoid
The most common cause is usually restricted Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Passages. Remove the throttle body and check for plugged EGR ports in the intake. To find the EGR ports, remove the throttle body and look through the opening in the intake manifold. Its very likely you are going to find they are restricted with carbon.