Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda B2600: 89 mazda b2600 towed in to me customer already

Customer Question

89 mazda b2600 towed in to me customer already replace dist with reman and coil not sure if both replaced at same time still has no spark I check voltage at igniter black/white 12v and blue 12v put test light on blue wire crank engine light does not flash, I cleared codes only code that comes back is code 1 and my scanner description is engine rev sign.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In most cases this type of no spark problem is caused by a failing igniter which means the distributor may be defective. I have enclosed the steps to test it in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20spark%20May%2011.pdf