Tim Mohr, ase master
Experience:  30 yrs experience in Foriegn and Domestic, Gas and Diesel
17454363

Mazda Mazda3: I've got a Mazda3 with a 2.0 engine that is now

Customer Question

I've got a Mazda3 with a 2.0 engine that is now blown. Lost oil very fast and froze up before noticing low oil. no oil light warning. just the noise, no power and then stop. Is this a problem with this engine? I see comments about the engine on the internet! I'm faced with putting in a rebuilt engine but that may be a waste of money or is there something else that should be done. Replace the catalytic converter as well?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** have seen alot of the 2.0 and 2.3 engines do the exact same thing, and really your only choice is a used motor, as most remanufactures wont rebuilt these motors as they have alot of problems, if the car is generally in good shape, I would install a used motor, and then trade it in fast, most used motors only come with a 30 day warranty, but with a used moter, you will eventually have the same problems, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have sen this alot,Tim