Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda RX-8: My 2004 RX8 started running bad. It's when I put

Customer Question

My 2004 RX8 started running bad. It's when I put a load on it. Like up hill it starts acting like the gas shuts off. Then if I coast while I turn the ignition off then start it back it runs good until I put the load back on it. And, if I hold the accelerator to the floor it won't fire again until I turn it off again and back on. It's as if a relay switch gets reset and makes the gas turn back on.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Can you tell me how many miles are on the car and if the check engine light is coming on.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is about 30,000 miles on a Crate engine installed in 2009. It acts like, the gas shuts off. Then, when I turn the ignition off, then right back on, it runs great for just a few minutes.
Also, there is a procedure if the engine gets flooded. Hold the accelerator to the floor and, turn the engine over for about 7 or 8 seconds. Then release the starter, let go of the accelerator. Then start the engine. I'm wondering if there may be a relay switch that resets when the ignition is turned off then back on.