Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda 5 Touring: how do you replace the #1 roof trim clip on

Customer Question

how do you replace the #1 roof trim clip on the Mazda 5 mini van 2013
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am.
Can you show me a picture of this clip or better explain which it is that needs replacing a little better?
There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the picture - part #2 in the picture - front roof molding retainer http://www.oemautopartz.com/mazda/mazda/5/cc33509l4b/2014-year/touring-trim/2-5l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/exterior-trim-roof-scat/?part_name=roof-molding-retainer-clip&position=roof-molding-retainer-clip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I take the old one out and replace the new one? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the left front roof molding retainer clip on a Mazda 5 touring 2013
It sure looks like its just pressed in and pried out. There are no sealers or epoxies on the clip or hole is there. Have you tried prying it out with needle nose pliers or a dull kitchen knife.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, it looks like it is threaded and the post is metal I tried prying, but it does not budge -
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can call me at ***-***-****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are no sealers or epoxy, but the there is a petal post with a plastic attachment
The part images compared to actual images do not do justice. Mazda does not have these steps in there repair guides. I think its best I get you back on the list so you can wait for another to try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK