Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring: 2013 MX-5 Grand Touring no

2013 MX-5 Grand Touring no longer has Bluetooth. The steering wheel button is simply a MUTE button for the radio. Deleted Mazda from iPhone5 but, of course, I cannot delete the iPhone from the car since it does not respond to the button on the wheel.

Dealer cannot see me for 2 weeks. Any ideas? Does the battery have to be disconnected and reconnected?

Thanks.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest starting by disconnecting the battery. Hold your foot on the brake pedal for 1 min. Now reconnect the battery and see if there is any change. 90% of the time, this will resolve the concern.

If still no luck, you may have a fault in the bluetooth module. The Mazda dealer will need to help you with that repair.

Thanks
Drew
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I did as you suggested, and the BLUETOOTH is now reconnected! Had to also reset the ASC after reconnection of the battery.

Thanks for the update. Glad that resolved your concern.

Look me up if you have any additional Mazda questions in the future.

Thanks
Drew