Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

Mazda limited sports: 2008 mazda 6 fob key remotes not working,

2008 mazda 6 fob key remotes not working, have changed batteries and have tried re- programming but when the door is open the power door switch doesn't work, only when the door is closed, hence I can't complete operation. thanks
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

If the module is not sensing the door switch open/close, it will not enter programming mode. I suspect you have a faulty door switch. With the key on, the door ajar light and dome light should come on/off according to door position. If the lights both change with door position then the module should confirm programming mode has been entered.

After cycling key on/off three times and open/close door three times, the locks should cycle lock/unlock to confirm you have entered programming mode. Then press the unlock button on the key fob two times and the locks should cycle to confirm key fob is programed.