Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

Mazda CX-7 Sport: engine mount leak

Hey Drew. I just found an engine mount leak (No. 3) on my 07 CX-7. How hard is this to replace? I have the sockets, torque wrenches, and I have the full Mazda Service Repair manual with torque specs and tightening order. Do I need to brace the engine at all with a jack or is it an unbolt and bolt on procedure?

Also, can the car be driven for a day or two with this problem?

thanks - Terry

Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Hello Terry.

Yes the vehicle can be driven with no damage caused to anything else. The wost thing that will happen is that you will notice a engine vibration or noise but will not hurt anything.

I suggest buying only a Mazda engine mount for the repair.

To replace the mount all you need is a 17mm socket and a floor jack. Position the floor jack under the passenger side engine oil pan area with a small block of wood (2X4) to prevent damage to the oil pan. Jack the engine up slightly to release pressure or weight from the mount. Remove the mount and transfer the lower bracket and rubber shield to the new mount and re-torque. Lower the jack and job all done in 5 min.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, Drew.

That's what I needed. Now to clean up the oil in my driveway :)

Your welcome!

If you ever have anymore questions, please look me up again.

Drew :-)