Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring: Hello drew. I hope you can help me.

Hello drew. I hope you can help me. I have a 2007 mazda cx9 grand touring with the advance keyless system smart card. The smart card works it locks and unlocks and opens the liftgate. The black buttons on the door handles dont seem work and im not able to start the car without using the aux key. When i try it shows a red KEY word. Can you please help????

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

This is an info request, it is not an answer. You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

If you still need help, please make sure you included the year, make, model, trim level, and engine liter size. Also please let me know of any repairs or diagnostic steps you have done so far. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

>

>

Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks for the request and sorry for the delay.

I suspect you have a faulty smart card. These smart cards and very common to fail. Part of the smart card is working to unlock the doors but the part that sends a signal to start the vehicle or use the request switches on the doors is failing.

I suggest trying your spare smart card and see if it does the same thing. If your spare smart card works normally or you do not have a spare smart card, then you will need to go to a Mazda dealer and have anew smart card programmed to the vehicle.

Thanks
Drew
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Drew, I only have one smart key card. Will other key fobes work on this model or do I have to purchase the same key card again?
No other fobs will work. You will have to purchase the smart card from your Mazda dealer for your specific vehicle. I have had people buy them online and bring them to me for programming and they will not program due to being the incorrect card for the vehicle. It may look exactly alike but the signal it sends out is not a match for the vehicle.

Thanks
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience: 19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.