Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

Mazda 3: 2005 mazda 3 door ajar light stays on. had to turn

2005 mazda 3 door ajar light stays on. had to turn the dome light off as well otherwise it stays on the whole time.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Hello and thanks for the request.

The door ajar switch is built into the door latch of each door. I suggest a shot of WD40 in the back side of each door latch. Then open/close each door 10-20 times with the car running and windows down so you can see the door ajar light or dome light. If the light does not go out, spray again and retry.

If still no luck, you can remove each door panel and disconnect the electrical connector until the light goes out and that will tell you which latch it is or bring to a Mazda dealer and they can connect a computer to the vehicle and monitor which door latch is faulty.