Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. experience with all makes and models. Factory trained on Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

I am looking for a set of 4 new tires for my 2006 Mazda 3s.

I am looking for a set of 4 new tires for my 2006 Mazda 3s. 205/50R17. Who knew that buying tires was such a hard decision. I am trying to decide on a few choices:
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus
Yokoham YK580
Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum
Michelin Pilot HX MXM4

Things that are important factors are:
Long Tread-life/Mileage Warranty
Fuel Economy
Quiet Ride
Handling

What do you think would be the best tire, and why? Is there another choice you would recommend? My driving mainly consists of 85% Highway.
Hello and thank you for your question today!

I use a site called tirerack.com for customer reviews, they had 3 of the 4 tires you are looking at. Side by side comparison from others that have purchased these tire chose the Pirelli tire.
Here is a link that will hopefully show the 3 listed so you can check it out. I basically narrowed it down so you can see what people liked and didn't like about each of these tires.
The YK580 wasn't even on the site which indicates to me it might be an outdated tire or last year model.
I hope this helps you out.
Please be sure to let me know if you need further assistance,if not, please be sure to rate my answer. If you are on the free trial, a rating is still required. Your card will not be charged. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry, but the link does not work as you intended. I asked a chat person on the Tire Rack website, and he said the reason why it is not listed on their site is because the YK580 is only sold in certain stores. Since they do not carry it, they do not list it.

Ok, let me try something a little different. I thought it might not work like I was hoping it would. Kind of strange because it should go right to the comparison I set up on there.
This is a screenshot or capture of the page.
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Since my original tires are 88V, and the Pirelli are 90H, would that cause a problem?

That will not cause any issues for you. This is a speed rating and really isn't enough to cause issues. Unless you are exceeding speeds of 120 mph.You won't notice any difference because the tires are the same size as the originals.