Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

Mazda CX-9 Touring: I need know which color/wire is for reverse/backup

I need know which color/wire is for reverse/backup lights on a 2012 cx9 awd touring by the trailer harness connector in the right side lower corner. I need it for my flat 5 connector for my trailer brakes. Picture would be much appriciAted.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

The reverse light wire is RED/WHITE. It is Red with a White tracer strip. I am not able to load any diagram. Sorry. You will have to trace it from the liftgate harness and tap into it where it works best for your install.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I figured out on my own by looking at diagrams of the wire harnesses for the mazda cx-9. Its a red and orange wire, same one as the one that plugs in to the light bulb, I found it on the driver side right where the gas tank tube is.

Thanks for the update. Glad you were able to figure it out.